Greetings fellow bacon lovers.
Some days it is really good to be on a Ketogenic diet. Because, while bacon is frowned upon on most diets, if you are doing Keto, it is not only allowed, it is encouraged. It’s a pretty sweet deal.
So today I thought I’d share a bacon dessert.
Yes, I really did say “bacon” and “dessert” in the same sentence. This is an easy, two ingredient recipe for sugar-free candied bacon. It might sound too simple to be good, but I have to tell you, it’s pure heaven.
So let’s get to it.
You start by pre-heating the oven to 325 degrees F and getting out a large cookie sheet.
You’ll need a package of bacon and 1/2 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener.
Pour the sweetener into a large plate and press the slices into the sweetener until covered on both sides.
Cook the bacon on the cookie sheet in two batches. Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on desired doneness. Keep a close eye on the bacon for the last few minutes, because it will go from crispy to burnt very quickly.
Drain the cooked bacon on paper towels.
And you’re done!
You’ll have some tasty candied bacon with zero carbs. How many other desserts can say the same? So I can almost guarantee that you will love it. Because, you know what they say:
If you don’t like candied bacon, then you are just wrong.
Sugar-Free Candied Bacon [Low Carb & Keto]
Sugar-Free Candied Bacon is one of the simplest recipes you can make and one of the most delicious recipes that you will ever taste. It’s a killer dessert or snack with zero carbs.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
1 package (12oz) Applegate Natural No Sugar Bacon or equivalent sugar-free bacon
1/2 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and cover a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Add sweetener to a large plate and dip each piece of bacon in it so that it’s covered front and back. Add half of the bacon to the cookie sheet in a single layer.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes depending on desired doneness. Keep a close eye on the bacon for the last few minutes. If any of the pieces are done before the others, remove them from the pan. The bacon will go from crispy to burnt very quickly, so take care.
4. Drain the first batch of candied bacon on a plate covered in paper towels. Replace the aluminum foil with a clean sheet and repeat the process with the remaining bacon.
- Serving Size: 2 slices bacon
- Calories: 50
- Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 4
Keywords: Sugar-Free Candied Bacon, Low Carb Candied Bacon, Keto Candied Bacon
If you liked this low carb bacon recipe, then you might like my recipes for Quiche Lorraine Egg and Bacon Cups, Bacon Wrapped Scallops or Bacon Wrapped Onion Rings.
I’ve included links to the specialty ingredients used in this recipe. You should know that these are Amazon Associates links, so I’ll receive a small commission if you buy something.6