Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Waffles
Now you might be thinking to yourself, "Ew. Broccoli waffles."
I know that it sounds wrong, but some things are so wrong that they are right.
It's like when Cher and the Jackson 5 got together. (above) You'd think that Cher in an afro would be wrong, but oh how right it was.
This recipe only has 4 ingredients so it comes together in a snap. You'll need broccoli, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese and eggs.
Add a couple easy over eggs and you've got yourself the perfect breakfast for dinner meal. It would make a good brunch too, if you go in for such things.
So give broccoli waffles a chance, just one chance.
It's a recipe so wrong, it's right.
Low Carb Broccoli Waffles
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
1. Pre-heat your waffle iron and use non-stick spray.
2. Chop broccoli into small florets and process in a food processor or blender until it resembles grains of rice.
3. Mix broccoli with the beaten eggs and cheeses.
4. Portion out 1/4 of the mixture to the waffle maker and cook for 6 minutes. (If you are using a Belgian waffle iron, then use 1/2.)
PREP TIME: 5 MIN COOK TIME: 6 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Serving Size 1 Belgian waffle or 2 regular waffles Calories 194 Total Fat 13 g Protein 4g Carb 4g Fiber 1g Net Carbs 3g