Quick Low Carb Keto Spaghetti Sauce
Today I'm going to show you how to make a quick low carb spaghetti sauce, but first, I want to share some potentially troubling news out of Sweden.
I'm afraid that ABBA has gotten back together. (below)
The infamous disco group has reunited to write new music and go on tour. The members of the group are in their 70's now, so they have opted to perform as their "digital selves". They created computer generated avatars of themselves that look like they did at the height of their fame. (They call them "ABBAtars".) According to singer Bjorn Ulvaeus, “We thought we looked good that year.”
So the world might be done with ABBA, but ABBA isn't done with us yet.
Anyway, let's return to that spaghetti sauce I mentioned earlier.
This quick low carb tomato sauce is super easy to make and only has 3g net carbs per serving. Traditional spaghetti sauces are simmered for several hours, but you really only need ten minutes to make a very passable sauce. You just soften some onions and garlic in a sauce pan, then add crushed tomatoes and seasonings and simmer for ten minutes. Ten minutes works out to about three new ABBA songs.
Mamma mia, here I go again!
Quick Low Carb Spaghetti Sauce
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup shallots or onions, minced
- 1 (28 oz) can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1. Heat olive oil in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add garlic and onions and saute for 2 minutes until softened.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients to the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired.
YIELD: 3 1/2 cups SERVINGS: 14
PREP TIME: 10 MIN COOK TIME: 15 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Serving Size: 1/4 cup Calories 56 Fat 4g Protein 1g Carbs 4g Fiber 1g Net Carbs 3g