Have I got a good recipe to share with you today. It’s a quick and easy egg salad that I’ve made for my lunch everyday for the past couple weeks. I’ve been using my Instant Pot to cook the eggs because it makes these wonderful, easy to peel hard boiled eggs. They are actually a joy to peel, if you can believe that.
But it turns out that you can make egg salad without peeling a single hard boiled egg.
It’s true! As I was researching this recipe, I found an amazing “food hack”. You can use the Instant Pot to cook up a sort of egg loaf that you then chop up for the egg salad. It’s genius. No shells to peel at all.
Here’s how you do it:
You start by finding a bowl or casserole dish that will fit inside your Instant Pot. Spray the bowl with cooking spray and crack 9 eggs into it.
Pour 1/3 cup water into the Instant Pot and place the bowl on top of the Instant Pot rack. Pressure cook for 5-6 minutes, depending on how done you like your hard boiled eggs.
Once the cook time is over, allow to sit in the Instant Pot for 2 more minutes and then quick release the steam. Remove the egg loaf from the bowl using a rubber spatula.
Chop it into 1/4 – 1/2 inch pieces.
Gather your other ingredients. You’ll need 1/4 cup red bell peppers, 3 tablespoons scallions, 1 tablespoon fresh parsley and 1/2 cup mayonnaise.
You’ll also need 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
Mix all the ingredients up and you are done.
You’ll have some tasty Instant Pot egg salad, made in less than 15 minutes.
The thing I love most about this recipe, is that it is compliant for just about any diet you can think of. It’s naturally Low Carb, Keto, THM, Whole30 and Paleo. So no matter what diet it you are on, this easy egg salad has you covered.
All thanks to the awesome power of the Instant Pot.
Easy Instant Pot Egg Salad
This easy Instant Pot egg salad is a recipe that you can make in less than 15 minutes. It’s a versatile salad that is compliant for Keto, Low Carb, Paleo, THM and Whole30 diets. And each serving has just 1g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 7
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Entree
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
9 large eggs
1/3 cup water
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup red bell peppers, chopped
3 tablespoons scallions, sliced
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Find a baking dish or pan that fits inside your Instant Pot.
2. Spray dish with cooking spray. Add eggs.
3. Add water to the bottom of the Instant Pot. Put the dish on top of the rack that came with the Instant Pot.
4. Pressure cook for 5-6 minutes depending on how done you like your hard boiled eggs. You’re going to need to experiment a little bit with cook times depending on the size of your dish. The smaller the dish, the thicker the egg loaf and the more time you need to cook it for. After cook time is up, allow to sit and steam for another 2 minutes. Quick release the steam and remove the dish from the Instant Pot. If the eggs aren’t cooked enough, then put the dish back into the Instant Pot to cook for a few more minutes in the residual heat.
5. Remove the cooked egg loaf from the dish using a rubber spatula. Chop into 1/4 – 1/2 inch pieces.
6. Mix eggs with mayonnaise, red bell peppers, scallions, parsley, salt and pepper.
7. Chill in the refrigerator.
- Calories: 369
- Fat: 33
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 14
Keywords: Instant Pot Egg Salad, Keto Egg Salad, Best Egg Salad
If you liked this low carb salad recipe, then you might like my recipes for Chicken, Shrimp or Cucumber Salad.
I’ve included a link to the Instant Pot that I used in this recipe below. You should know that it is an Amazon Associates link, so I’ll receive a small commission if you buy it.4