I’m just sitting here eating salad and catching up on the old Facebook.
My friends keep posting the episode of Carpool Karaoke with Paul McCartney and I finally got a chance to watch it. (video below)
I am so glad I did. This video is a delight from start to finish. James Corden and Paul McCartney drive around Liverpool and visit the house where Paul lived as a young man and where he composed the early Beatles songs. They stop and do a surprise performance at a local club that he used to play at. There are laughs and there are tears. It’s quite a trip.
But let’s turn to Caprese Salad Skewers for just a minute.
Caprese Salad is a simple Italian salad made up of tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, fresh basil and a balsamic vinegar reduction. This recipe takes the classic salad and makes it hand held. I based these skewers on a great recipe that I found on Iowa Girl Cooks. It’s a delicious low carb salad with only 5g net carbs per serving.
But enough food talk, let’s get back to my precious Carpool Karaoke.
If you do watch it, make sure to have some Kleenex handy. Like I said, there are laughs and there are tears. It’s a wild ride.
Beep beep, beep beep, yea.
Low Carb Caprese Salad Skewers
This is a low carb version of a classic Caprese salad, only on a stick. It’s salad gold.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 skewers 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Italian
- 8 oz grape tomatoes, several varieties
- 8 oz small mozzarella cheese balls
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 12 (6 inch long) wooden skewers
1. Add balsamic vinegar to a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to medium and simmer until it has the consistency of a thin syrup, 8-10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
2. Compose the skewers in varying patterns, using 2 cheese balls, 2 basil leaves and 2 tomatoes for each one.
3. Place the skewers on a plate or serving platter and drizzle with balsamic reduction.
- Serving Size: 2 skewers
- Calories: 150
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 14
Keywords: Low Carb Caprese Salad, Keto Caprese Salad, Paleo Caprese Salad
IF YOU LIKED THIS SALAD RECIPE, THEN YOU MIGHT LIKE MY RECIPES FOR GERMAN POTATO, WEDGE OR TANGY CUCUMBER SALAD.