This low carb and Keto mock German potato salad uses cauliflower to stand in for potatoes. It’s a great side with only 3g net carbs.
Today we are going to make a low carb and Keto version of German potato salad. And because potatoes are off limits on a low carb diet, we’re going to turn to our good friend the cauliflower.
This salad is pretty simple to put together.
First you roast a head of cauliflower for about 20-25 minutes in a very hot oven. Then you saute some bacon until it’s nice and crispy. Cook some onions in the bacon grease, and then you are ready to put the salad together. Mix the cauliflower up with the bacon, onions and a simple Dijon mustard vinaigrette and you are good to go. You’ll have a low carb mock German potato salad that is perfect for a summer picnic or get together.
And all brought to you by the power of cauliflower.
Low Carb Keto Mock German Potato Salad
This low carb mock German potato salad uses cauliflower to stand in for potatoes. It’s a great side with only 3g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 cups 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: German
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into 1/2 – 1 inch florets
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper
- 6 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup onion (1/2 one small onion)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2. Place cauliflower florets onto cookie sheet in a single layer and spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the cauliflower.
3. Roast 15 minutes and then stir. Roast 5-10 minutes longer or until tender.
4. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove to a paper towel covered plate to drain.
5. Saute onions in the bacon grease until browned.
6. In a large bowl, mix together olive oil, vinegar, salt, mustard, paprika and sweetener. Whisk to combine.
7. Mix together cauliflower, onions, bacon and dressing in a large bowl.
8. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 174
- Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 4
Keywords: Low Carb German Potato Salad, Keto German Potato Salad, Paleo German Potato Salad