I’ve got the most delicious dessert recipe to share.
It’s a chocolate mousse recipe that is going to knock your socks off.
The recipe is based on a chocolate mousse that I found on Tasteaholics. They are really great at simplifying recipes down to just a handful of ingredients and only a few steps. And they’ve got a series of cookbooks called In Five, where each recipe has 5 ingredients, 5 steps and 5 or less net carbs. I love the simplicity of it.
These bowls of chocolate mousse might not look like much, but don’t let your eyes fool you.
This sugar-free mousse is a very chocolatey and decadent dessert. It’s light and airy and has only 5g net carbs per serving. Not too shabby for a bowl of low carb chocolate mousse.
Ok, now it’s time for me to show myself out.
Easy Low Carb Keto Chocolate Mousse
This is a quick and easy low carb chocolate mousse with just 5g net carbs per serving.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 3
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: French
4 oz cream cheese, softened and cut into chunks
1 oz Lily’s Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
1/4 cup Confectioner’s Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
pinch of salt
whipped cream topping:
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon Confectioner’s Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
1. Cook chocolate chips and 1/4 cup whipping cream in a small saucepan over low heat until melted and combined. Transfer it into a small bowl and put it in the refrigerator to chill.
2. Make the whipped cream topping next. In a large bowl, beat together 1/2 cup whipping cream, 1 tablespoon powdered sweetener and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla with an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Transfer to a small bowl and put it in the refrigerator.
3. In the large bowl, beat 1 cup whipping cream and 1/4 cup powered sweetener until stiff peaks form. Add in softened cream cheese and beat until it is fully incorporated and fluffy.
4. Beat in cocoa powder, vanilla, melted chocolate mixture and salt until fully combined.
5. Divide the mousse into 4 small ramekins.
6. Chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator before serving. Top each ramekin with whipped cream.
- Calories: 457
- Fat: 47
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 5
Keywords: Low Carb Chocolate Mousse, Keto Chocolate Mousse, Sugar-Free Chocolate Mousse
If you liked this low carb pudding recipe, then you might like my recipes for Rice Pudding, Egg Custard or Lemon Curd.
I’ve included links to the specialty ingredients used in this recipe. You should know that these are Amazon Associates links, so I’ll receive a small commission if you buy something.