These Rainbow Veggie Keto Wraps are a great way to detox. And each low carb wrap has just 81 calories and 6g net carbs.
Boy howdy, do I have a healthy recipe for you today.
These Rainbow Keto Wraps are a tasty way to detox your body and renew your zest for life. (I may be overstating it a bit, but these low carb veggie wraps are seriously life affirming!) And each wrap has just 81 calories and 6g net carbs. Pretty good for the amount of veggies packed into these yummy wraps.
This Keto wrap recipe was inspired by a great recipe for Detox Rainbow Roll-Ups that Lindsay over at Pinch of Yum makes.
Her recipe looked so delicious, that I decided to make a low carb version. The main challenge was to make her Curried Hummus low carb. I did it by swapping out the chickpeas for cooked cauliflower. And her white rice was replaced by, you guessed it, cauliflower rice.
Cauliflower truly is the Zelig of low carb cookery.
In order to make this recipe, you are going to need to mix up a batch of Curried Cauliflower Hummus in advance.
Then you lay out your other ingredients: collared green leaves, cooked cauliflower rice, quick pickled red onions, parsley, sliced carrots, red cabbage and red and yellow bell peppers.
Start by adding cauliflower rice to the middle of a collared green leaf.
Then top it with some of the Curried Cauliflower Hummus.
Add your carrots, red cabbage, pickled red onions, parsley and bell peppers.
Then fold the wrap up like you would a burrito, and add toothpicks on each end to hold it together.
Cut in half and enjoy these lovely Rainbow Keto Wraps.
Rainbow Keto Veggie Wraps
These Rainbow Keto Veggie Wraps are a great way to detox. And each wrap has just 81 calories and 6g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 45
- Cook Time: 6
- Total Time: 51 minutes
- Yield: 6 veggie wraps 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
6 large collared green leaves, ribs shaved down
1 cup cauliflower rice
¼ red onion, sliced thin
½ cup distilled vinegar
⅛ red cabbage, sliced thin
¼ large carrot, julienned
¼ red bell pepper, julienned
¼ yellow bell pepper, julienned
¼ cup parsley leaves
- Separate onion into separate pieces, and add to a small bowl along with the vinegar. Allow it to pickle as you prepare the other veggies.
- Cut cauliflower into florets and add to a food processor or high powered blender. Process until it is the consistency of rice. Add to a medium sized microwave safe bowl and microwave for 3 minutes. Stir and microwave for 3 minutes more. Set aside to cool.
- Slice and julienne the carrots, bell peppers and red cabbage. Shave some of the thick end of the collared greens ribs to make it easier to fold.
- Lay out one of the collared leaves. Add ⅙ of the cauliflower rice, and top it with 2 tablespoons of the curried cauliflower hummus. Add ⅙ of the carrots, red cabbage and bell peppers. Top with ⅙ of the picked onions and parsley leaves.
- Wrap the filling up like you would a burrito. Put a tooth pick in each end to keep the wrap together.
- Cut in half.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 veggie wrap
- Calories: 81
- Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 4
Keywords: Low Carb Veggie Wrap, Keto Veggie Wrap, Paleo Veggie Wrap
IF YOU LIKED THIS LOW CARB GREENS RECIPE, THEN YOU MIGHT LIKE MY RECIPES FOR GERMAN POTATO, WEDGE OR TANGY CUCUMBER SALAD.