I’m making egg custard today, so predictably, I have a Beatles song stuck in my head.
“I am the Egg Man, they are the Egg Men, I am the Walrus! Goo goo g’joob.”
Luckily, I was able to find the original video, because the Internet is a wonderful place.
But the song is even more bananas than I remembered. Most likely because it was written by John Lennon, in two days, over the course of two acid trips. It’s pretty far out, man.
But enough hippy music, let’s make some low carb egg custard.
This recipe is an oldy but a goody. For this low carb and Keto version, you’ll need heavy whipping cream, sugar-free sweetener, eggs, salt and vanilla. (And cinnamon if you are feeling spicy.) You mix it all up, cook it in a water bath in the oven, and you’re done. You’ll have a quick and easy dessert with only 3g net carbs per serving.
Goo goo g’joob!
Low Carb Keto Egg Custard
Low carb egg custard is a very easy to make recipe that has only 3g net carbs per serving.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: English
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and set a kettle of water to boil.
2. Mix eggs in a medium bowl until light yellow and foamy.
3. Add sweetener, cream, salt, cinnamon and vanilla. Mix well.
4. Fill custard cups with the custard mixture and put the cups in a large casserole or cake pan. Fill the dish with an inch of hot water surrounding the custard cups.
5. Bake the custards at 350 for 30 minutes, or until firm in the center.
- Calories: 319
- Fat: 32
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: <1
- Protein: 5
Keywords: Low Carb Egg Custard, Keto Egg Custard, Sugar-Free Egg Custard
If you liked this low carb custard recipe, then you might like my recipes for chocolate pudding, rice pudding or lemon custard with blueberries.
I’ve included a link to the specialty ingredient used in this recipe below. You should know that it is an Amazon Associates link, so I’ll receive a small commission if you buy it.
(Which is pretty sweet.)