I’ve been missing caramel corn on this low carb diet of mine.
Like the kettle corn that you get at the fair. Or even good old Crunch’n Munch.
I still have this Crunch’n Munch commercial from the 1980’s kicking around in my subconscious. (above)
It’s this annoying kid in overalls who is bellyaching that everybody keeps stealing his precious Crunch’n Munch. This kid is just as whiney about caramel corn as I am, now that I think about it. All I lack is the overalls and the bowl cut.
Well no more sulking.
Today I came up with a caramel corn substitute for the next time I’m feeling the need for Crunch’n Munch. Instead of popcorn, it’s got healthy pecans, walnuts, almonds and coconut flakes. And it’s covered in a delicious sugar free caramel coating. It’s really good.
Ok, time for me to don my overalls and get back to crunch’n and munch’n. Chow!
Low Carb Keto Caramel Coconut Crunch’n Munch
Low Carb Crunch’n Munch is a tasty mix of nuts and caramel with only 2g net carbs per serving.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 cups 1x
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American
- cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups pecans
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar free pancake syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray.
2. Roast pecans, walnuts, almonds and coconut flakes in the oven for 5 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove from the oven but keep the oven heat on.
3. In a medium sized sauce pan, combine sweetener, pancake syrup, heavy whipping cream and 1 1/2 tablespoons of the butter . Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it turns a deep golden brown, 6-8 minutes.
4. Add in the remaining butter, cinnamon, salt and vanilla and stir well to melt and combine.
5. Pour the roasted nuts and coconut mixture into the pan and stir until well coated.
6. Spread mixture back onto the parchment covered cookie sheet and sprinkle salt on top. Separate the pieces into clumps.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees F. Check in at minute 12 to make sure it isn’t burning.
7. Allow to cool and dry out on the counter.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 166
- Fat: 29
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 5
Keywords: Low Carb Crunch'n Munch, Keto Crunch'n Munch, Sugar-Free Crunch'n Munch
You’ll need these specialty ingredients: