These low carb and Keto chocolate chip meringue cookies are crispy chocolatey pockets of air.
Greetings low carb bakers.
Today we’re going to make one of my favorite cookies: chocolate chip meringues. For tips on how to make meringue cookies, I went straight to the source. I turned to Mary Berry from the Great British Baking Show. In the video below, she gives step by step instructions on the best way to make meringue cookies.
And the cookies we’re going to make today follow those instructions, but add in cocoa powder and sugar-free chocolate chips at the end.
So it’s got chocolate coming and going. I love the crispiness of these cookies, and of course the low carb count. You are basically eating air. Delicious chocolate air. Ok, now back to Mary Berry and the Great British Baking Show.
I guarantee that your chocolate meringue cookies will be sheer perfection.
Low Carb Keto Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies
These low carb chocolate chip meringue cookies are crispy chocolatey pockets of air.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 1:15
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: French
1. Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place egg whites in a clean dry bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar, increase speed to high and whip until mixture forms soft peaks. Gradually add granulated sweetener and continue beating until whites are stiff and glossy.
3. In a separate bowl, sift powdered sweetener with the cocoa to blend. Working in thirds, sprinkle cocoa mixture over egg whites and gently fold in until thoroughly incorporated. There should be no dry cocoa powder in the final mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
4. Drop 12 cookie sized dollops onto the cookie sheet with a spoon or ladle.
5. Bake for 1 hour, until meringues are firm and dry. Turn oven off and let meringues sit in oven for 15 more minutes.
6. Let meringues cool on sheets on wire racks, then gently peel the cookies off parchment paper.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 37
- Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2
Keywords: Low Carb Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies, Keto Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies, Sugar-Free Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies
If you liked these low carb meringue cookies, then you might like my almond, Jello or lemon meringue cookies.
I’ve included links to the specialty ingredients used in this recipe. You should know that these are Amazon Associates links, so I’ll receive a small commission if you buy something.