I’ve got two hot tips for the day: almond meringue cookies and Casper Babypants.
One is a nearly carb free food and the other is a quirky children’s musician with an unforgettable name. (below)
I was reminded of Casper Babypants this morning, because my daughter and I were putting googly eyes on things and laughing. And Casper Babypants sings about doing just that. We were killing time, waiting for my meringue cookies to bake.
These cookies take a very very long time to bake, but they are worth the wait.
What other cookie has less than 1 gram of carbohydrate? Way less than one actually. Each cookie has .03 g of net carbohydrate. Nearly nothing. Once the meringues finally came out of the oven, we celebrated with… more googly eyes.
Googly eyes really do make stuff come alive!
Low Carb Keto Almond Meringue Cookies
These low carb almond meringue cookies are a crispy and sweet and have less than 1g net carbs each.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 2:40
- Total Time: 2 hours 50 minutes
- Yield: 21 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: French
- 4 large egg whites, room temperature*
- 6 tablespoons Powdered Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set your oven racks on third lowest and third highest positions.
2. Add cream of tartar to the whites and beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Slowly add sweetener, about 1 tablespoon at a time. Continue beating until the whites are stiff and glossy. Add almond extract and beat for 30 seconds more.
3. Spoon or pipe mixture into 20 to 24 large meringues.
4. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes at 250F. Then reduce oven temperature to 200F and continue to bake for another 18 to 20 minutes, until crisp and tips are just starting to brown.
5. Turn off oven and let meringues sit inside for 2 hours or longer.
6. Remove and carefully peel off parchment.
- Serving Size: 3 cookies
- Calories: 10
- Fat: <1
- Carbohydrates: <1
- Fiber: <1
- Protein: 2
Keywords: Low Carb Almond Meringue Cookies, Keto Almond Meringue Cookies, Sugar-Free Almond Meringue Cookies
If you liked this low carb meringue cookie, then you might like my recipes for chocolate meringue cookies, jello meringue cookies, or lemon meringue cookies.
I’ve included links in this post for the specialty products that I used. The best prices I’ve found are from Thrive Market which is like the Costco of health food. After you pay a $60 membership fee, you’ll be able to order low carb products at a discount of 25-50%. So the links in the recipe ingredients are links to the less expensive Thrive Market products. But I’ve also included Amazon links below to use if you don’t have a Thrive Market membership. Both kinds of links are affiliate links, so I’ll receive a commission if you buy something. Which is, honestly, a pretty sweet deal.