This tasty tangy Keto Cucumber Salad is a great low carb vegetable side with less that 1g net carbs. It’s basically a free food.
Hello fellow Keto dieters.
Do I have a healthy cucumber salad recipe to share with you today. It's a little bit tangy, and a little bit sweet, and it makes for an all around classy Keto salad.
What is Cucumber Salad and where did it come from?
Cucumber Salad is a sliced cucumber and onion salad with either a tangy vinaigrette or a sour cream and dill dressing. It comes from 17th Century Germany, and used to be served warm, if you can believe that. That version of the recipe didn’t have legs, but the cold preparation of Gurkensalat is enjoyed to this day.
Is Cucumber Salad Keto?
Cucumbers are decidedly Keto, so yes, Cucumber Salad is low carb too. I’m going to share a recipe for a vinaigrette version of the classic recipe rather than the sour cream dill version, but you can find a great recipe for Creamy Cucumber Salad on Wholesome Yum.
What are the ingredients in this tangy Keto Cucumber Salad?
To make this low carb salad you’ll need: sliced seedless cucumbers, apple cider vinegar, erythritol sweetener, extra virgin olive oil and sliced scallions.
How do you make this low carb Cucumber Salad?
- First you thinly the slice the cucumbers using a mandolin or knife and slice the scallions, including dark green ends.
- Then you drain the cucumbers. No matter what kind of Cucumber Salad you make, be it sour cream based or vinaigrette based, you should salt the cucumber beforehand. This step allows them to release some of their water and keeps the cucumbers extra crisp, even when they get tossed with the dressing.
- You mix up dressing. Then you mix the sliced cucumbes and scallions with the dressing and refrigerate the salad for at least 30 minutes until the flavors meld.
And you are done.
It’ll take a little over an hour from start to finish, but soon you’ll have a healthy Keto Cucumber Salad with only 230 calories and less than 1g net carbs,
All thanks to the might low carb power of the cucumber.Print
Keto Cucumber Salad
This recipe for low carb tangy cucumber salad is a great side with only 2g net carbs. It's basically a free food.
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 9 cups 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- 3 large seedless cucumbers, sliced
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 scallions, including dark green ends, sliced
1. Thinly slice cucumbers using a mandolin or knife. Slice scallions, including dark green ends.
2. Place the cucumber slices in a colander over a bowl or sink. Sprinkle them with a couple shakes of salt, toss to coat, and let them rest for about 30 minutes, then pat them dry with a paper towel.
3. Mix up the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, sweetener, salt and pepper.
4. Mix cucumber and scallions with dressing and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes so that the flavors meld.
5. Can be stored for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 230
- Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Fiber: <1
- Protein: <1
Keywords: Low Carb Cucumber Salad, Keto Cucumber Salad, Paleo Cucumber Salad
I liked this salad. It was simple but good.
It's a good one. I agree.