This 2 layered no bake orange creamsicle cheesecake is creamy, citrusy deliciousness. And each slice of this Keto dessert has just 4g net carbs.
Did you know that popsicles were invented by an 11 year old kid?
It’s true. Back in 1905, a young lad named Frank Epperson was playing around with powdered flavoring and water. He left his mixture, with the stirring stick in it, out overnight in the freezing cold. In the morning, Frank discovered one of the World’s greatest frozen treats: the popsicle.
And he didn’t stop there, Frank went on to invent the orange creamsicle too.
In his version, there was a core of vanilla ice cream, circled by frozen orange juice. Over the years, the orange juice has been replaced with sugary orange flavored water, but the idea is the same.
I thought I’d take Frank’s idea and turn it into a 2 layered orange and vanilla cheesecake.
Because this is a low carb blog, I made the dessert sugar-free and gluten-free as well. So each slice of this Keto orange creamsicle cheesecake has just 4g net carbs. And it’s a no bake cheesecake, so you can whip it up in no time.
To make this treat, you’ll need:
Cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, powdered erythritol, sugar-free orange Jello, almond flour, butter, a brown sugar substitute and vanilla extract.
Not to toot my own horn, but this Keto orange creamsicle cheesecake turned out really well.
It’s a sweet, creamy and flavorful confection. And it’s a low carb dessert that can completely pass as a normal sugary one. Just leave it on the dessert table at a party and no one will be the wiser.
Yep, I think young Frank Epperson would be proud.
Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake
This 2 layered orange creamsicle cheesecake is creamy, citrusy deliciousness. And each slice of this Keto dessert has just 4g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 25
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 slices 1x
1 1/2 cup super-fine almond flour
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup Swerve Brown or equivalent brown sugar substitute
2 cups (16 oz) heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup Confectioner’s Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
1 (.3oz) box Sugar-Free Orange Jello
1/2 cup boiling water
1/2 cup ice water
2/3 cup Confectioner’s Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
16 oz full fat cream cheese, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Spray a 9″ spring form pan with cooking spray.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the crust ingredients. Use a fork to break up the clumps of the brown sugar substitute. Press the crust mixture onto the bottom of the spring form pan. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
3. In a large sized bowl, whip heavy whipping cream and 1/3 cup powdered sweetener until stiff peaks form.
4. In a medium sized bowl, dissolve the Jello powder in 1/2 cup boiling water. Fill a 1/2 cup measuring cup with ice cubes and fill the remainder with water. Mix ice water with hot Jello until combined and the cubes have melted.
5. In a large sized bowl, beat together cream cheese, 2/3 cup powdered sweetener and vanilla with an electric mixer until combined.
6. Fold 1/2 of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until mostly incorporated. Use the electric mixer to quickly finish blending it in.
7. Whisk the remaining 1/2 of the whipped cream into the Jello mixture until fully combined.
8. Pour the cream cheese mixture onto the crust and use a rubber spatula to smooth the top.
9. Pour the orange layer on top of the cheesecake layer and use a spatula to smooth the top.
10. Chill the cheesecake in the refrigerator for 6 hours before cutting.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 384
- Fat: 39
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 6
Keywords: Low Carb Orange Cheesecake, Keto Orange Cheesecake, Low Carb Creamsicle Cheesecake, Keto Creamsicle Cheesecake