I find the strangest gifs sometimes.
I was looking for something egg related and I found this very odd gif. (below) What’s going on in this egg carton? What emotion is this gif meant to express?
I have no idea.
Anyhoo, let’s talk egg drop soup.
It’s a Chinese restaurant staple that you can make for yourself at home. It’s one of the easiest soups to make and it comes together really quickly.
There are four steps to this soup.
First you infuse some chicken broth with ginger, garlic and coconut aminos (or soy sauce). Then you thicken the soup with a little arrowroot starch. And finally, the fun part: whisking in the eggs. Sprinkle some scallions on top and enjoy.
Ok, now back to finding bizarre and inscrutable gifs. Chow!
Low Carb Keto Egg Drop Soup
This easy recipe for low carb egg drop soup makes delicious Chinese restaurant fare.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 cups
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Chinese
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 scallion, sliced
1. Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a medium sized sauce pan. Lower the heat to Low and keep at a simmer.
2. Add the ginger and garlic and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Strain the broth and return to the stove. Bring back to a simmer.
4. Add in the coconut aminos or soy sauce.
5. Mix together arrowroot and water. Add to the broth and simmer until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes.
6. Slowly whisk in the beaten eggs. Remove from the heat.
7. Add to soup bowls and sprinkle scallions on top. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 57
- Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 4
Keywords: Low Carb Egg Drop Soup, Keto Egg Drop Soup, Paleo Egg Drop Soup
You’ll need these specialty ingredients:
If you liked this low carb Chinese appetizer, then you might like my recipes for Scallion Pancakes, BBQ Pork or Cabbage Wrapped Pork Dumplings.