This easy recipe for low carb and Keto egg drop soup makes delicious Chinese restaurant fare. It’s a tasty appetizer with only 3g net carbs per bowl.
I find the strangest gifs sometimes.
I was looking for something egg related to go with this recipe for low carb egg drop soup and I found this very odd gif. (below) What’s going on in this egg carton? What emotion is this gif meant to express?
I have no idea.
Anyhoo, let’s talk low carb egg drop soup.
It’s a Chinese restaurant appetizer that you make for yourself at home. It’s one of the easiest soups to make and it comes together really quickly. And there are just 3g net carbs in a bowl of this soup. (Compared to 10g net carbs in a normal bowl of egg drop soup.)
There are four steps to this keto soup.
First you infuse some chicken broth with ginger, garlic and coconut aminos (or soy sauce). Then you thicken the soup with a little arrowroot starch. And finally, the fun part: whisking in the eggs. Sprinkle some scallions on top and enjoy.
Ok, now back to finding bizarre and inscrutable gifs. Chow!
Low Carb Keto Egg Drop Soup
This easy recipe for low carb egg drop soup makes delicious Chinese restaurant fare. It’s a tasty appetizer with only 3g net carbs per bowl.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 cups 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Chinese
1. Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a medium sized sauce pan. Lower the heat to Low and keep at a simmer.
2. Add the ginger and garlic and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Strain the broth and return to the stove. Bring back to a simmer.
4. Add in the coconut aminos or soy sauce.
5. Mix together arrowroot and water. Add to the broth and simmer until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes.
6. Slowly whisk in the beaten eggs. Remove from the heat.
7. Add to soup bowls and sprinkle scallions on top. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 57
- Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 4
Keywords: Low Carb Egg Drop Soup, Keto Egg Drop Soup, Paleo Egg Drop Soup
If you liked this Chinese appetizer, then you might like my recipes for Chinese BBQ Pork, Scallion Pancakes or Chicken Potstickers.