This low carb and Keto recipe uses Swerve’s new brown sugar substitute to make delicious brown sugar cookies.
School’s out for the day, so my 10 year old son and I are eating brown sugar cookies and watching funny videos on Youtube.
We’re both big Studio C fans.
Studio C is this comedy troupe made up entirely of Mormons. They are all about good clean fun. I love their sketches because they are completely safe to watch with my kids. One of our favorite new sketches is below. It’s a period piece about star crossed lovers. I won’t give any more away because you kind of just have to see it. It’s super funny.
And not to brag, but the brown sugar cookies turned out really well.
The fact that my son is eating them should tell you something. (He almost never eats low carb diet food willingly.) But these little beauties passed the kid test. I used Swerve’s new brown sugar substitute to sweeten them. The base of the cookie is almond butter, so they are soft with a nice chew to them. And each cookie has just 2g net carbs, so you can afford to eat a couple.
Preferably while watching good clean Mormon comedy.
Low Carb Keto Brown Sugar Cookies
This recipe uses Swerve’s new brown sugar substitute to make delicious brown sugar cookies.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 26
- Total Time: 41 minutes
- Yield: 20 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
1 cup almond butter*
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1/2 cup Brown Swerve or equivalent brown sugar substitute
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and cover 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, beat together almond butter, eggs and vanilla with an electric mixer.
3. In a medium sized bowl, mix together coconut flour, both sweeteners, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
4. Beat the dry ingredients into the wet.
5. Scoop out tablespoon sized portions of dough and use your hands to roll them into balls. The dough will be oily. That’s ok. Place 8 cookies per cookie sheet. It will take 3 cookie sheets for all the dough, so bake the first two and then reuse one cookie sheet for the remaining cookies.
6. Bake for 11-13 minutes until bottoms begin to brown.
*If you take these cookies to a party, make sure to clearly mark that they contain nuts. Most people don’t expect a cookie to use almond butter, so people with nut allergies might inadvertently eat one.
- Serving Size: 1 medium sized cookie
- Calories: 92
- Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 4
Keywords: Low Carb Brown Sugar Cookie, Keto Brown Sugar Cookie, Brown Sugar Cookie
If you like low carb cookies like this one, then you might like my Compost, Molasses, and Shortbread Cookies.
I’ve included links to the specialty ingredients used in this recipe. You should know that these are Amazon Associates links, so I’ll receive a small commission if you buy something.