This recipe is a low carb and Keto take on the classic chili con carne.
“Scaramouch, scaramouch will you do the fandango?”
I’ve had Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody” stuck in my head all morning as I made this low carb chili con carne. It’s a trip of a song.
Made popular, obviously, by the 1992 comedy, Wayne’s World. (video below)
I have to admit, I don’t remember a single thing about the movie, except for the opening credit sequence. It’s such a great introduction to these lovable burn outs. You learn everything you need to know about them.
But let’s talk about the chili I made this morning.
It’s a low carb, bean free, chili con carne that is easy to make and tasty to eat. You won’t miss the beans at all. It’s got onions, garlic, yellow and orange bell peppers along with ground beef, tomato sauce, beef broth and the perfect blend of chili spices. Top it with a little bit of cheese and some green onions and you’ve got a delicious bowl of chili with only 5g net carbs per bowl.
Party time! Excellent!
Low Carb Keto Chili Con Carne
This recipe is a low carb take on the classic chili con carne.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 16 oz beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- shredded cheese and green onions to garnish
1. In a large high sided skillet or soup pot, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add onions, peppers and garlic to the pan and cook until onions are translucent. Add vegetables to a bowl and set aside.
2. Turn the heat up to medium high and add remaining tablespoon olive oil to pan. Cook the ground beef until completely browned and cooked through. Drain the fat from the pan.
3. Add vegetables back into the pan. Add tomato sauce, then use the can to measure out 16 oz of beef broth and add to the pan. Add in all spices and stir well to combine.
4. Bring to a simmer, then lower heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Taste the chili and adjust spices if desired.
6. Garnish with shredded cheese and green onions.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 407
- Fat: 26
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 32
Keywords: Low Carb Chili, Keto Chili, Paleo Chili
If you liked this chili recipe, then you might like my recipes for Chicken Puttanesca, Baked Ziti or Vegetable Soup.