These low carb and Keto coconut shrimp make for a great appetizer with only 2g net carb per serving.
Boy howdy, do these low carb coconut shrimp taste good.
It’s only 2 in the afternoon, but I just decided that it was shrimp o’clock.
I couldn’t resist these tasty coconut shrimp any longer.
To make this appetizer low carb, I dredged the shrimp in coconut flour and then coated them with unsweetened coconut flakes.
Then I fried them in coconut oil, so they’d have coconut coming and going.
And each serving of low carb coconut shrimp has just 2g net carbs. Not too bad. Especially when enjoyed at 2 in the afternoon.
But surely it’s 5 o’clock somewhere…
Low Carb Keto Coconut Shrimp
These low carb coconut shrimp make for a great appetizer with only 2g net carb per serving.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Thai
1. In a medium sized bowl, use an electric hand mixer to whip egg whites until soft peaks form.
2. Add coconut flour to a medium sized bowl and flaked coconut to another medium sized bowl.
3. Dredge the shrimp in coconut flour.
4. Dip the shrimp in whipped egg whites.
5. Press the shrimp into flaked coconut to coat.
6. In a large skillet, add a 1/2 inch of coconut oil and heat over medium heat.
7. Add shrimp to the pan in 3 batches. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through. The shrimp will curl up and become opaque as it cooks.
8. Remove shrimp to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 3 jumbo shrimp
- Calories: 106
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 14
Keywords: Low Carb Coconut Shrimp, Keto Coconut Shrimp, Paleo Coconut Shrimp
IF YOU LIKED THIS LOW CARB APPETIZER RECIPE, THEN YOU MIGHT LIKE MY RECIPES FOR BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER, QUESO CHEESE DIP OR FRIED PICKLES.