Noodles are one of the foods that low carb dieters miss the most. But luckily, these Keto Psyllium Husk Powder noodles have got you covered. They are super easy to make and have just 2g net carbs per serving.
Hello noodle lovers.
Today I’m going to show you how to make quick and easy low carb noodles out of four basic ingredients. It is truly amazing what some eggs, cream cheese and a little bit of Psyllium Husk Powder can do.
WHAT IS PSYLLIUM HUSK POWDER?
Quite simply, Psyllium Husk Powder is a type of flour made from pulverized Psyllium Husk shells. It is nearly all soluble fiber, so this flour is often used in low carb baking in place of white flour.
ARE THERE HEALTH BENEFITS TO CONSUMING PSYLLIUM HUSK POWDER?
And last but not least…
Psyllium Powder is the main ingredient in the laxative, Metamucil. This is a food post, so I am not going to get into the health benefits of laxatives. Let’s just stick a pin in it and say that Psyllium Powder is often used to promote “regularity”.
HOW IS PSYLLIUM HUSK POWDER USED IN LOW CARB DIETS?
It is most often used as a low carb flour in bread and other baked goods. When Psyllium Powder is combined with liquid, it gels and becomes an elastic dough. The powder acts a lot like the gluten that is missing in low carb flours like almond and coconut flour.
AND YOU CAN USE PSYLLIUM HUSK POWDER TO MAKE NOODLES?
You can. To make these nice, chewy, low carb noodles, you’ll only need cooking spray, Psyllium Husk Powder, Cream Cheese, salt and eggs. And I’ve included step-by-step photographs below the recipe to show how easy the noodles are to make.
THESE NOODLES CAN BE EATEN JUST LIKE YOU WOULD ANY OTHER NOODLE.
Add some sugar-free tomato sauce, and you’ll have a 5g net carb dinner that is ready in less than 30 minutes. Make yourself some classic chicken noodle soup. Or even use the noodle dough to make a fancy Beef Stroganoff.
Once you’ve got Psyllium Noodles, the World is your oyster.
Psyllium Noodles [Low Carb & Keto]
Noodles are one of the foods that low carb dieters miss the most, but luckily, these Keto Psyllium Husk Powder noodles have got you covered. They are super easy to make and have just 2g net carbs per serving.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 12
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
5 oz cream cheese
4 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 tablespoons Psyllium Husk Powder
1. Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a large rimmed cookie sheet with a silpat cooking mat (recommended) or a sheet of parchment paper.
2. Spray with cooking spray.
3. Add eggs, cream cheese and salt to a food processor or high powered blender and process until smooth, 1 minute. Add Psyllium Husk Powder and process for 1 minute more.
4. Quickly spread the mixture onto the cookie sheet with a spatula. Spread the batter from edge to edge. Add a piece of parchment paper on top and use a roller to flatten out the batter more. Leave the parchment paper in place.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes until firm, but not browned.
6. Allow to cool enough you can handle the sheet of noodles. Roll the sheet of dough tightly and then slice it into individual noodles.
7. Once the noodles are cut, they are ready to use. There is no need to boil them first. Just warm the noodles in sauces or soups for several minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 212
- Fat: 17
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 8
Keywords: Psyllium Husk Noodles, Low Carb Psyllium Noodles, Keto Psyllium Noodles