Well, it’s October now, and the pumpkin recipes are coming on fast and furious.
So I thought I’d try something new today and make a low carb pumpkin bundt cake. Bundt cakes have always kind of spooked me though. I’ve been scared to death that the cakes wouldn’t release from the pan properly. It sounds silly, but bundt cake anxiety is very real!
But I needn’t have worried.
I made a batch of mini bundt cakes this morning and they all came out of the pan beautifully. And all I used was a little shortening to grease the pan. Phew!
These pumpkin mini bundt cakes are super delicious.
I based the recipe on a great Keto Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pound Cake that I found on Fit to Serve Group. It’s a moist and tasty pumpkin treat with just 5g net carbs per mini bundt cake. Not too bad for a lovely little pumpkin cake.
So just take a deep breath, and trust in the cake releasing power of shortening.
Low Carb Keto Pumpkin Mini Bundt Cakes
These low carb keto pumpkin mini bundt cakes just feel like Fall.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 slices
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Spectrum or equivalent vegetable shortening
1 1/2 cup super fine almond flour
1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon gingerbread or pumpkin pie spice mix
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
4 oz cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1/4 cup Swerve Brown or equivalent brown sugar substitute
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
3 large eggs
1/2 cup Powdered Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and generously grease the wells of a mini bundt cake pan. Make sure to get shortening into all the cracks.
2. In a medium sized bowl, sift together almond flour, cinnamon, spice mix, baking powder and salt.
3. In a large bowl, mix together butter, both sweeteners and cream cheese with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
4. Quickly mix in pumpkin.
5. Mix in eggs, one at a time, alternating with dry ingredients until everything is fully combined.
6. Pour batter into the wells of the mini bundt cake pan. The batter will rise so leave some room at the top of the wells.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
8. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
9. Take a cooling rack and place it on top of the mini bundt cake pan. Hold the two together and flip them over to release the cakes from the pan.
10. Allow to cool for another 30 minutes before icing.
11. Mix together icing ingredients until smooth. Drizzle icing on top of the mini bundt cakes.
To make a full sized 10 inch bundt cake, double the recipe and bake for 45-60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Calories: 337
- Fat: 31
- Carbohydrates: 9
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 8
Keywords: low carb bundt cake, keto bundt cake, pumpkin bundt cake
If you are a pumpkin fan, then you might want to try my recipes for Pumpkin Cheesecake, Pumpkin Pie or Pumpkin Custard.
You’ll need these specialty ingredients: