Low carb and Keto Lupin Flour Noodles are easy to make with only 3 ingredients. And each serving has just 2g net carbs.
Happy Noodle Day!
(I’m celebrating a little early this year, I know.)
But before we talk about noodles, I want to share a really funny video that I just found. (below)
It’s a Holderness Family parody song about the crazy low carb diet the mother is subjecting the family to. And I have to admit, it’s pretty spot on. A favorite line, “How do I ask this while being nice? Why is this cauliflower LYING ABOUT BEING RICE??!!”
Touché, Mr. Holderness, touché.
Today I’m going to show you how to make low carb fettuccine noodles out of cream cheese, eggs and lupin flour.
The idea to use lupin flour came from Queen Keto. Lupin flour is a high protein, low carbohydrate flour made from the legume of the sweet lupin. (It’s related to other legumes like peanuts and soybeans, so if you have a nut allergy, you had better steer clear.) You can leave it out of the recipe if you like, but it does give the fettuccine noodles a little extra oomph.
Kind of like the Holderness mom when she gets her zoodle on.Print
Low Carb Keto Lupin Flour Fettuccine Noodles
Low Carb Lupin Flour Noodles are easy to make with only 3 ingredients. And each serving has just 2g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 14
- Total Time: 19 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Italian
2 oz cream cheese
3 large eggs
3 teaspoons lupin flour
dash of salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
2. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until fully combined. Scrape down the sides halfway through.
3. Pour the mixture onto the prepared cookie sheet and tilt the pan until mixture covers the pan from edge to edge.
4. Bake for 10-14 mins until firm and opaque all over. It should be shrinking from the edge of the cookie sheet. Test to see if you can peel it easily from the parchment or silpat mat. If it sticks then it isn’t ready yet.
5. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
6. Completely peel it off of the parchment or silpat mat. Roll the sheet of noodles up and cut with a sharp knife to create 1/4 inch wide noodles.
7. These are best if they are gently simmered in a sauce or broth for a few minutes before serving.
- Calories: 214
- Fat: 17
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 12
Keywords: Low Carb Lupin Noodle, Keto Lupin Noodle, Paleo Lupin Noodle
If you liked this noodle recipe, then you might like my recipe for Egg Noodles, Cold Noodle Salad or Pad Thai.
I’ve included links to the specialty ingredients used in this recipe. You should know that these are Amazon Associates links, so I’ll receive a small commission if you buy something.