Homemade low carb and Keto raspberry jam is super easy to make and has only 1g net carbs per serving.
“Jam tomorrow, jam yesterday, but never ever jam today!”
I’ve been doing my best Carol Channing impression as I made this batch of chia seed jam. The song is from her confounding appearance in the the 1985 CBS mini series Alice in Wonderland. (video below)
This mini series will go down in history as one of the worst things that television has ever produced.
I was a kid when it came out, but even I could see what a train wreck it was. And that despite having an all star cast of the most famous actors of the day. You had Steve Lawrence and Edye Gormé as Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum and Jonathon Winters as Humpty Dumpty. Even Sammy David Jr. couldn’t save this television special though. But I guess we’ll always have the jam song, as bonkers as it is.
Jam though. Let’s talk low carb jam for a minute.
Today’s recipe is one of the easiest things you can make. You’ve got two instructions: boil the raspberries in water and then add some sweetener and chia seeds. And you’re done. You’ll have a jar of delicious low carb jam with only 1g net carb per serving.
Just remember: You can eat it tomorrow or you can eat it yesterday, but you can never ever eat it today.
Low Carb Keto Raspberry Chia Seed Jam
Homemade low carb raspberry jam is super easy to make and has only 1g net carbs per serving.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 8
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
1. Add raspberries and 1 tablespoon water to a medium sized sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Stir in sweetener and chia seeds. Test for sweetness and add more sweetener if desired. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 14
- Fat: <1
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: <1
Keywords: Low Carb Raspberry Jam, Keto Raspberry Jam, Sugar-Free Raspberry Jam