Today we are going to make a recipe that comes to us from deepest Peru. I’m speaking of course of orange marmalade, Paddington Bear’s jelly of choice. There is this great scene in Paddington 2 where he teaches a fellow inmate how to make orange marmalade. (video below) It’s pretty adorable.
The orange marmalade we are making today is very similar to the one Paddington made, except that ours is sugar-free.
You start by peeling half an orange and slicing the peel into very thin matchsticks.
Then you boil the peel in water for 15 minutes. Next you add your sugar-free sweetener of choice along with some Sugar-Free Orange Jello. Put the marmalade in the fridge for an hour and a half to gel, and then you are done. You’ll have a tasty batch of sugar-free orange marmalade with 2 calories and zero carbs.
Paddington Bear would be very impressed.
Low Carb Keto Orange Marmalade
This recipe is for low carb and sugar-free orange marmalade that has zero carbs.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups 1x
- Category: Condiment
- Cuisine: American
1/4 orange, peeled
1 1/2 cup water
1 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
2 packages Sugar-Free Orange Jello
1. Peel 1/4 of an orange and cut into 1 inch long thin matchsticks.
2. Add to a medium sized sauce pan along with water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Mix in sweetener and Jello and mix until dissolved.
4. Put the marmalade into the refrigerator for an hour and a half until gelled.
5. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Will last up to one week.
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
- Calories: 2
- Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
Keywords: Low Carb Orange Marmalade, Keto Orange Marmalade, Sugar-Free Orange Marmalade
If you liked this marmalade, then you might want to try my Raspberry Chia Seed Jam, Rhubarb Raspberry Jam or Mock Apple Butter.
I’ve included links to the specialty ingredients used in this recipe. You should know that these are Amazon Associates links, so I’ll receive a small commission if you buy something.