These Mio Jello Whips are easy to make and tasty to eat. And each custard cup has just 60 calories and 2g net carbs.
Not to crow or anything 😏
But I am kind of a big deal in the Sugar-Free Jello community. Go ahead, Google me. If you do a search for “Keto Jello” my recipe for Creamy Jello Whips is the first thing you’ll see.
So I’m basically the bomb dot com. 💣
But being the Queen of Jello has its drawbacks.
I get a lot of very kittenish comments from the Keto Police about the Keto friendliness of Sugar-Free Jello. It contains a tiny amount of Maltodextrin, which can give some people a belly ache. (And they certainly do enjoy belly-aching, so that actually checks out.)
I’ve never experienced any gastric distress when I ate Jello, but whatever. People can get quite salty about it. Mark my words though, those mean comments will end today, my low carb friends.
They will end right now. 😒
👩🍳 Revised Keto Jello Whips
That is because I have been tinkering the heck out of the recipe. And the hard work paid off! I was able to take my recipe for Keto Jello Whips and reconfigure it in a way that didn’t involve the dreaded Sugar-Free Jello. I used a mixture of unflavored gelatin, plain whole-milk Greek yogurt, and Mio Water Enhancer to make a batch of Mio Jello Whips that are legitimately Keto.
And indubitably delicious. 😋
💬 Is Mio Keto?
Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. Mio is very Keto-friendly. It is a zero-calorie, zero-carb flavoring that is usually sweetened with Sucralose. And if you can’t bear to eat Sucralose, you can use their Black Raspberry or Tropical Cherry flavors, which are sweetened with Stevia.
So Mio is as Keto as they come.
🌈 Mio flavors
You can make these Mio Jello Whips with any flavor that you like.
- The standard Mio flavors are: Strawberry Watermelon, Fruit Punch, Lemonade, Berry Grape, Berry Pomegranate, Cranberry Raspberry, Sweet Tea, Blueberry Lemonade, Mango Peach and Cherry Blackberry.
- And the flavors with caffeine are: Wicked Blue Citrus, Black Cherry, Tropical Fusion, Green Thunder, Strawberry Pineapple Smash, Acai Berry Storm, Iced Vanilla Java and Iced Mocha Java.
- You can also buy Mio with added vitamins: Orange Tangerine, Orchard Apple and Orange Vanilla.
- And last, but probably best for you, are the Mio flavors I just mentioned that are sweetened with Stevia: Blackberry Raspberry and Tropical Cherry.
- In a medium sized bowl, stir 1-2 envelopes of gelatin into cold water to soften it. The amount you use will determine how firm the Jello Whip becomes. I recommend 1 ½ envelopes.
- Stir in boiling water and mix until the gelatin has completely dissolved.
- Stir in Mio flavoring.
- Add ice water to the gelatin mixture and stir until the ice has melted and the liquid has thickened.
- Add gelatin mixture and yogurt to a high powered blender and blend on High for 1 minute to whip in some air.
- Pour into custard cups and chill for 1 hour until set.
- Store in the refrigerator.
If you like this Keto Jello dessert, then you might like my recipes for Creamsicles, Rainbow Sherbet or Keto Gummy Bears.
It only takes 10 minutes, tops. ⏲️
So in just about no time, you'll have a naturally sweetened sugar-free Mio Jello Whip with only 60 calories and 2g net carbs. I just have one request for all the Keto Karens out there.
No more belly-aching! 😠Print
Mio Jello Whips
These Mio Jello Whips are the perfect way to beat the heat. And each custard cup has just 60 calories and 2g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Refrigerated
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Diabetic
- ½ cup cold water
- 1-2 packages Knox Unflavored Gelatine
- ½ cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons Mio Water Enhancer, any flavor
- 1 cup ice water
- 1 cup whole milk plain Greek yogurt
Step 1. In a medium sized bowl, stir 1-2 envelopes of gelatin into cold water. The more you use, the firmer your Jello Whip will be. I recommend 1 ½ envelopes. Allow gelatin to soften for 3 minutes.
Step 2. Stir in boiling water and mix until gelatin has fully dissolved.
Step 3. Stir in Mio flavoring.
Step 4. Fill a 1 cup measure to the top with ice. Fill remainder of the measure with cold water. Add to gelatin mixture and stir until ice is melted.
Step 5. Add mixture and yogurt to a high powered blender and blend on High for 1 minute.
Step 6. Pour into custard cups and chill for 1 hour until set.
Step 7. Store in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: ¾ cup
- Calories: 60
- Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 6
Keywords: Keto Jello Whip, Keto Jello Dessert, Sugar Free Jello Whip, Sugar Free Jello Dessert
Connie Frierson says
Fresh. Fruity and Delicious
Today I was craving a creamy comforting dessert. I found your recipe and, since I had Mio and the other ingredients, I tried it. It is quick, easy, satisfying, delicious and (bonus) nutritious. Thanks for coming up with this creative use for the flavorings. BTW, I love your blog.
Yay! So glad you like the recipe. And the blog.