Orange Keto Fluff Salad is a fun dessert made with a whipped cream base that is filled with sugar free orange marshmallows and topped with coconut flakes. It’s an easy to make low carb treat with only 6g net carbs per serving.
What am I doing? Just trying to figure out how to do up my hair for a big date. I am torn between the “DATE-BAIT” and the “COCKADE”. (I just looked up the meaning of “cockade” and it is not as racy as it sounds.) Decisions, decisions.
While I decide, let’s talk about an equally absurd dessert: Orange Keto Fluff.
Lately, I’ve been dreaming of this great orange Jello salad that I used to eat when I was a kid. It was a heady mixture of mandarin oranges, coconut, whipped cream, orange Jello and marshmallows. But now that I am eating low carb, oranges and marshmallows are out of the question. Problem!
But not to worry, I came up with a work around: sugar free orange marshmallows.
Yes! It can be done. I tinkered around until I came up with recipe for orange marshmallows made from Sugar Free Orange Jello, arrowroot powder and whipped egg whites. You can cut them up into squares, or make them look like orange slices by using a 1 inch round cookie cutter and cutting the circles in half.
And what about the fluff part?
The fluffy base of this Orange Keto Fluff Salad is a mixture of heavy whipping cream, sour cream and powdered sweetener. It’s a throwback to a classic fruit and whipped cream dessert salad called “ambrosia”.
But is Sugar Free Jello Keto?
Yes… probably. Sugar Free Jello has zero carbs so it is definitely Keto friendly. It does contain the sweeteners aspartame and maltodextrin though, which are controversial in Keto circles. But Sugar Free Jello contains such a tiny amount of these artificial sweeteners, that they are very unlikely to knock you out of Ketosis.
What is in low carb orange fluff salad?
To make this low carb Jello salad, you’ll need egg whites, cream of tartar, powdered sweetener, arrowroot powder, Sugar Free Orange Jello, unflavored gelatin, heavy whipping cream, sour cream and unsweetened coconut flakes.
So you can whip this fluffy fruity dessert up in a jiffy.
Bring it to potluck dinners, Little League games and Tupperware parties alike. Everyone will love it. And each serving has just 269 calories and 6g net carbs so you can eat it with a guilt free conscience.
But enough bragging, now it’s time for me to get out my Dippity-Do and curl my hair into “THE TEMPT-TRESS”.
Orange Keto Fluff Salad
- Prep Time: 85
- Total Time: 85
- Yield: 4 cups 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Chilled
- Cuisine: American
3 large egg whites
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 cup Confectioner’s Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
1/4 cup arrowroot powder
5 teaspoons (2 envelopes) Knox unflavored gelatine
1 envelope Sugar Free Orange Jello
1/2 cup cold water
1/2 cup boiling water
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup Confectioner’s Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
1. Spray an 8×8 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix together 1/2 cup powdered sweetener and 1/4 cup arrowroot powder.
3. Add egg whites to a large bowl. Use an electric mixer set on Medium High to whip the egg whites until soft peaks form, 1-2 minutes.
4. Slowly beat in the powdered arrowroot mixture.
5. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together unflavored gelatin, orange Jello powder and 1/2 cup cold water. Allow to soften for 5 minutes.
6. Mix in 1/2 cup boiling water and stir until fully dissolved.
7. Use a whisk to beat the hot Jello liquid into the egg whites. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and mix until fully combined.
8. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour until firm.
9. Remove the gelled mixture from the pan with a pancake turner and place on a cutting board. Either cut into 1 inch squares or use a 1 inch circular cookie cutter to cut into circles. Cut the circles in half to look like orange slices.
10. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on Medium High to whip together 2 cups heavy whipping cream and 1/4 cup powdered sweetener until stiff peaks form, 3-4 minutes.
11. Beat in 1/2 cup sour cream until fully combined.
12. Fold the orange marshmallows into the whipped fluff, holding back a few to add to the top as a garnish.
13. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Fat: 269
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: <1
- Protein: 4
Keywords: Orange Keto Fluff, Orange Jello Salad, Sugar Free Jello Dessert
IF YOU LIKED THIS SUGAR FREE JELLO RECIPE, THEN YOU MIGHT LIKE MY RECIPES FOR RASPBERRY GUMMIES, CRANBERRY PECAN JELLO SALAD OR Orange Creamsicle Jello Whips.
I’ve included links to the specialty ingredients used in this recipe. You should know that they are Amazon Associates links, so I’ll receive a small commission if you buy something.8