I woke up this morning with a funny phrase stuck in my head.
The phrase was “He developed shpilkis in his genechtagazoink.”
I’m 95% sure that this is a made up medical condition. The phrase comes from this old SNL skit called “Coffee Talk with Linda Richman”. (video below) Linda Richman was a parody of a certain kind of New York Jewish mother, played by Mike Meyers and based on his mother-in-law (also named Linda Richman).
The show focused on “dogs and daughters” and her enduring love for Barbara Streisand, who had a voice “like buttah. Like two sticks a buttah.”
In the sketch above Barbara Streisand actually makes a special guest appearance. This was a total surprise to the actors, but they somehow managed to stay in character. The episode ends with Linda saying “I can die now! That’s all the time we have for this week; I have to go and die now!” A bit of SNL trivia: the real Linda Richman was in the audience that night and was tickled pink to see her favorite singer.
But aaaannnyhoo. That’s what I’ve been thinking about.
That and Brigadeiros, which are Brazilian chocolate truffles. Classic Brigadeiros are made from four simple ingredients: cocoa powder, sugar, butter and sweetened condensed milk. But on a low carb diet, we can only use two of these ingredients. Luckily, I found a really good recipe for chocolate truffles on Tasteaholics and I based my recipe on that This low carb version uses sugar-free chocolate chips, unsweetened cocoa powder, heavy cream, butter and sugar-free sweetener.
These little candies are absolutely to die for. Perfect for a coffee break.
They are so delicious, they’re like buttah.
Low Carb Keto Brigadeiro – Brazilian Chocolate Truffles
These low carb chocolate truffles are based on Brazilian chocolates called Brigadeiro.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 13 truffles
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Brazilian
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 150 grams sugar-free dark chocolate chips (like Lilly’s)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons powdered Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons powdered Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
1. Heat the cream in a small sauce pan over low heat. Don’t let it boil.
2. Add in the chocolate chips and butter and mix until melted and completely blended.
3. Remove from heat and add the sweetener, cocoa powder, salt and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
4. Put the chocolate into the fridge to cool for one hour. Mix several times since the butter is going to want to separate. Just keep mixing it back in.
5. Once the chocolate has cooled, spoon it out in tablespoon measurements. Roll them into balls with your hands.
6. Mix the coating cocoa powder and powdered sweetener and roll the balls in this coating.
- Serving Size: 1 truffle
- Calories: 91
- Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 1
Keywords: Low Carb Brigadeiro, Keto Brigadeiro, Sugar-Free Brigadeiro
You’ll need these specialty ingredients:
If you liked this low carb chocolate candies, then you might like my recipes for Thin Mints, Coconut Chocolate Candies or Cherry Covered Chocolates.