Today I’m going to share a recipe for quick low carb peanut brittle that you make in the microwave.
But first I want to celebrate a very special anniversary. Eighteen years ago, SNL aired the “More Cow Bell” skit. And the world hasn’t been the same since.
I can’t believe it’s been 18 years.
It seems like only yesterday when I first watched this classic SNL sketch about song that just needed a little more cow bell. It has been called the first meme of the twenty first century and they may be right. So if somehow, you’ve never seen the sketch, then now is the time. Because, as Christopher Walken says, “I’ve got a fever and the only prescription is more cow bell.”
I’ll tell what else I have a fever for.
Low Carb Peanut Brittle. I just had to move it away from my desk because I’ve eaten way too much of it. It is dangerously delicious. But this peanut candy only has 1g net carb per serving, so you can afford to splurge a little bit. One word of warning though. This candy is less brittle than classic sugary peanut brittle because sugar-free sweeteners don’t behave in exactly the same way as sugar. So it’s a softer sort of brittle. But it’s got the same caramel-y peanut-y taste that you are used to, just with far fewer carbs.
Ok, now I think I need just a little more cow bell.
Quick Low Carb Keto Peanut Brittle
This is a quick low carb peanut brittle recipe that you can make in the microwave in about 10 minutes.
- Prep Time: 2
- Cook Time: 8
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 12
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
1 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1/2 cup sugar-free pancake syrup
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup roasted salted peanuts
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Cover a large cookie sheet with a silpat mat or parchment paper. Place the cookie sheet into an oven set at the lowest possible setting. Allow the cookie sheet to warm as you make the brittle.
2. Add sweetener and syrup to a medium sized microwave safe bowl and mix to combine.. Microwave for 3 minutes and then stir. Microwave for another 3 minutes.
3. Add butter and peanuts and microwave for 2 more minutes. Stir well.
4. Add baking soda and vanilla extract.
5. Pour mixture onto cookie sheet and spread it out.
6. Put the cookie sheet into the freezer for 30 minutes, or on the counter for 1 hour to set.
7. Use a large knife to cut the brittle into triangles.
- Calories: 88
- Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 3
Keywords: Low Carb Peanut Brittle, Keto Peanut Brittle, Sugar-Free Peanut Brittle
You’ll need these specialty ingredients:
If you liked this recipe for Peanut Brittle, then you might like my recipes for Caramels, Candied Pecans or Pecan Pie Bites.