Low Carb Keto Twice Baked Cauliflower Faux-tatoes
As you probably know by now, cauliflower can do wonderful impressions of other vegetables.
It kind of reminds me of Ross Marquand, the celebrity impersonator. (below)
His impressions are unbelievable.
There is a series of videos that he did for Vanity Fair where he impersonates famous people doing stupid things. Like Michael Caine trying to open a jar or Sylvester Stallone checking to see if his deodorant is working. They are spot on.
Today we're going to ask it to stand in for potatoes.
Delicious twice baked potatoes. Faux-tatoes, if you will. You just steam a head of cauliflower, then blend it with cream cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper. Then you fold in cheddar cheese, bacon bits, scallions and parsley. Top it off with more cheese, bacon bits and scallions and then bake it. Soon you'll have yourself a very passable imitation of twice baked potatoes.
Score another one for cauliflower!
Low Carb Twice Baked Cauliflower Faux-tatoes
1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
4 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 scallions, sliced, including dark green end
6 slices crisp bacon, crumbled
3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1 1/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray an 8 x 11 inch or 9 x 9 inch pan with cooking spray.
2. Add cauliflower florets to a microwave safe bowl and add a 1/2 inch of water. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and microwave for 7 minutes on High. Drain well.
3. Add cauliflower, cream cheese, salt, pepper and sour cream to a blender and blend until smooth.
4. Fold in 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese, parsley, 3/4 of the scallions, and 2/3 of crumbled bacon bits.
5. Add mixture to the prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese, bacon and scallions. Loosely cover with a piece of tin foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the tin foil and bake about 10 minutes more, or until the cheese is slightly browned.
PREP TIME: 15 MIN COOK TIME: 37 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Calories 269 Total Fat 21g Protein 13g Carbs 8g Fiber 2g Net Carbs 6g