You can only improve low carb and Keto sweetened pork rinds one way, and that is by covering them in yummy chocolate.
I just came up with the best use of pork rinds yet. I also just discovered that you can watch full episodes of Bob Ross on Youtube. (trailer below) So you know where’ll I’ll be.
There is nothing so calming as a Bob Ross painting lesson.
He died in 1995, but his legacy only got stronger with the advent of the Internet. I find his voice absolutely mesmerizing. He was a good example of someone living his truth. And his truth involved lots of happy little trees.
I guess you could say that I’m living my own truth too.
And that truth is finding yummy low carb and keto snacks. Snacks are key to staying on a low carb diet, in my experience. If you don’t have something handy to nibble on when you are feeling peckish, then there is always the temptation to go off the diet. But you must RESIST!
Today’s recipe should do the trick.
It might sound a little bit kooky at first, covering pork rinds with chocolate, but hear me out. For awhile now, I’ve been eating pork rinds covered in sugar free sweetener and cinnamon. I was snacking on them the other day when a thought occurred to me: PORK RINDS + CHOCOLATE. So I gave it a try and it was absolutely delicious. It’s the perfect blend of salt, fat and sweetness. What a happy accident!
It’s just like Bob Ross says, “We don’t make mistakes- we just have happy accidents.”
Low Carb Keto Chocolate Covered Pork Rinds
You can only improve sweetened pork rinds one way, and that is by covering them in yummy chocolate.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 3
- Total Time: 8 minutes
- Yield: 7 1x
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American
- 1 (3.5 oz) bag pork rinds
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 oz Lilly’s Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
1. Melt the butter.
2. Add the pork rinds and butter to a one gallon plastic bag. Seal and then shake the bag until all of the pork rinds are covered in butter.
3. Mix up the sweetener and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add to the bag and shake until the pork rinds are uniformly coated with the cinnamon sugar.
4. Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a small bowl over High heat. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring after each time, until smooth and melted, about 90 seconds.
5. Lay the pork rinds out on a large parchment covered cookie sheet. Drizzle the chocolate on top of the pork rinds.
6. The chocolate will harden as it cools. Can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
- Calories: 205
- Fat: 17
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 9
Keywords: Low Carb Chocolate Pork RInds, Keto Chocolate Pork RInds, Paleo Chocolate Pork Rinds
If you liked this low carb snack recipe, then you might like my recipes for Pork Rind Cinnamon Twists, Pork Rind Kettle Corn or Honey Roasted Peanuts.