This is a low carb take on the classic Russian dish: Beef Stroganoff. It’s a hearty mixture of steak, egg noodles and mushrooms, enveloped in a dreamy sour cream sauce.
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 pounds sirloin or top round beef, dried and thinly sliced into bite sized pieces
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
8oz mushrooms, sliced
1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
2 cups beef broth
1/2 cup sour cream
Psyllium Husk Powder Egg Noodles:
1. Make egg noodles ahead of time, using the recipe found here: https://www.resolutioneats.com/blog/low-carb-keto-psyllium-noodles/
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over Medium High heat. Sear beef in several batches, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Add more oil as needed. Set beef aside.
3. Add butter to the pan. Add onions to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Add mushrooms to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic, salt and pepper to the pan and cook for 1 minute more.
4. Push the vegetables to one side of the pan and pour in beef broth.
5. Sprinkle Xanthan Gum over the broth, and quickly whisk it in. Bring to a low simmer, 1-2 minutes, stirring all the time.
6. Measure sour cream and add to a small bowl. Quickly whisk some of the hot broth into the sour cream to temper it. Pour the sour cream mixture into the pan and cook for 5 minutes until thickened.
7. Add beef and any residual juices to the pan and simmer for 2 minutes more.
8. Add noodles and cook until warmed through, 2-3 minutes.
Nutritional Info includes egg noodles
Keywords: Keto Beef Stroganoff, Low Carb Beef Stroganoff, Paleo Beef Stroganoff