It’s a rainy Fall day in Pittsburgh, the city where I live.
So let’s take a look at some place warm and sunny, instead. How about the opening scene from La La Land? (video below)
Ok, now I feel better about starting the day.
I’ve got a recipe to share that captures that golden sun feeling. Maybe not La La Land sunny, but sunny enough to lift your spirits. It’s a recipe for crispy zucchini chips.
These zucchini chips are so tasty.
It’s a bit of a trick making a zucchini chip crispy enough to compete with its carby cousin, the potato chip. But it’s doable. You’ll need to slice the zucchinis very thin and coat them in olive oil before cooking them slowly for two hours. You’ll also need something to do while you wait for your chips to cook.
Maybe a two hour trip to La La Land?
Crispy Low Carb Keto Zucchini Chips
These low carb zucchini chips are nice and crispy and have just 3g net carbs per serving.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 2:00
- Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into 1/16′ thick rounds
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
2. Place sliced zucchini on paper towels and let drain for 10 minutes. Blot the tops of the zucchini with another paper towel to absorb as much moisture as possible.
3. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Place the zucchini on the cookie sheets in a single layer.
4. Spray the zucchini liberally with cooking spray.
5. Season with salt.
6. Place in oven and bake for about 2 hours, flipping zucchini after about an hour, until zucchini is crispy and starting to brown. Start checking for doneness at 1 1/2 mark.
- Calories: 34
- Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 2
You can watch the rest of La La Land here:
If you liked this crunchy low carb snack, then you might like my recipes for Honey Roasted Peanuts, Cinnamon Twists or Crunch’n Munch.